During Christmas break, the whole family made a trip to the Mall of America. Now, we have not been there since Fearless was 2 and Skater Boy was only a few months old. Our new pup Moxie was heading to the vet in Brooklyn Park so we figured we'd make a trip out of it. We tried to explain to the children how big the mall was, but they just didn't get it. "Yeah right, we don't believe that people come from all over the country just to shop at the mall, it can't be THAT BIG!" Ha, once we arrived they were all stunned...to say the least. They couldn't believe that the amusement park was IN THE MALL. Then....Legoland was almost more than they could handle. The boys would just stare at the gigantic figures and try to imagine how long it would take to replicate one! We knew ahead of time that we were going to treat the kids to lunch at the Rainforest Cafe'. But, before lunch we took the time to simply walk the mall. We stopped in some Skateboard shops, the girls saw the American Girl store for the first time and we hand picked a bag of Jelly Belly's! Finally, everyone was STARVING TO DEATH (in their own words) so we headed to lunch. Lunch at the Rainforest Cafe' was the highlight of every one's day. The kids couldn't believe all the aquariums with fish and eels, don't forget the moving monkeys, thunder and rainstorms....to sum it up it was AWESOME!! As an added bonus, there was a hobo there who was making balloon animals. Now, these were not just the puppy or sword balloon animals that my little ones are used to. No...these were fish with eyes and a worm, or a dolphin in 3-D. I mean seriously, this guy had some mad skills and we were all in awe of his talent. Fearless summed it up by saying "God gave this guy some talent for sure mom!" Yep, he was quite a sight to watch and the kids enjoyed his creations. We walked a little while longer after lunch, then we needed to head home to pick up our recovery puppy!
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the kids do not doubt anymore that people travel from all over to see this mall...they thought it was amazing!
On a side note which I have to share....a woman stopped me at the Cafe' to tell me that my children were the best behaved children she had ever seen at a restaurant. I was so proud of all of them when I heard that comment. Now, I'm not sharing this to brag, because frankly I do not control my children's actions. I am just so proud that they understand the importance of manners and proper behavior at a restaurant that I want to publicly praise them!!! I suppose it doesn't hurt that we don't get out very often and they were probably in so much awe that they didn't have time to do much else:) Whatever....I'm still proud!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment