....
Ahhhh, we finally reach our intended destination, Franklin, Tennessee and the new home of our dearest friends The
Casassa's. The children were so excited to see them, it has been about a year and a half since their move. We arrived early on Wednesday while their children were still in school, so we just chilled out in their beautiful home while we awaited their return. Fearless, Skater Boy and Sunshine were really happy to see them, and pretty much started playing immediately. Little T and Louie had already had lots of play time with their youngest daughter who is almost two. But, once the older ones got home, I don't think we saw any of the kids again until dinner time, it was so delightful. Michael and I were also able to spend lots of quality time with our friends and try to catch up on all of life's comings and goings. Later during our visit, Tony took us on our historical tour of Franklin. He showed us where the battle of Franklin took place and gave all the children a little history lesson. I personally, found all of it very fascinating. It was a little bit like Gone With The Wind coming to life before me and I loved every minute! Friday morning came before we knew it and we were going to be heading home to Minnesota. However, Mommy awoke with a very high temp which dampened the goodbyes a bit. I was unable to get out of bed to say goodbye to the children and Tony, which made me very sad. But, we will just have to make another trip down I guess...the kids are already asking when we're leaving!


No comments:
Post a Comment