Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 1, 2011

A Little Switch-a-roo

So, we've been trying to sell our home for about two months now. We have had a TON of people walking through our doors and loving everything about the house....well, nearly everything. Apparently in today's society, a house is practically un-sellable if it doesn't have a master bathroom. Our home was supposed to have one, and before we built it we decided to get rid of it and make it into two large walk in closets. I didn't really want to have to clean 4 bathrooms, and we really wanted the extra space and storage. THAT WAS OUR FATAL ERROR!! So, about 75% of the people through our home have commented on the lack of this bath, and they would have bought if it had one. Really people, the woods in the back don't make up for it??? Come on!! So, Michael and I decided that we were going to move our bedroom downstairs and give the little girls our old room. This way, people could visualize their bedroom downstairs next to our pretty bathroom, and where it's totally away from the kids. It's not exactly a master bath, but it's the next best thing. Now, I have to tell you...I LOVE IT!!! The bedroom turned out so beautifully and the colors are just right. We did all of this moving without painting a single wall...I was thrilled!! Granted it's not the biggest bedroom on the block, but Michael and I don't need much room to sleep. That's literally the only time I get to spend in my bedroom anyway. The best part of this is the girls new room. There is a set of bunk beds, a twin bed, recliner, armoire, and bookshelf in their room and they still have tons of space. Three girls could easily grow up in there. And the real kicker is they get my huge walk-in closet. I think they have spent more time in there recently than any other room in the house. It's they dressing room, fort, toy room and just a good ole hide-a-way. We're probably going to get so used to this that we won't ever want to leave:)



No comments: