Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Little T turns 4


My precious, adorable, loving and sweet little T turned four this past Monday. I can hardly believe it, time seems to fly by faster and faster with every passing year. I AM NOT PLEASED, just for the record. She was thrilled when she awoke and found balloons and signs taped out throughout the house. She quickly realized that a present would soon follow. I always, always have their gifts sitting out in the morning so it is one of the first things they see, today was no different. However, none of the other children were awake, and they really wanted to watch her open it. I said, "T, please wait, I'll be right back with the kids." She said alright and I rushed upstairs to wake the others. When I came back downstairs, she ran up to me and said, "Mommy, come look and see...there's something in my bag." Hmmm....I don't think she quite understood the directions, plus....what child can resist a present smack dab in front of their face? She received a couple cute hair bows, new Hello Kitty sandals and a Barbie laptop. She was tickled pink, like always! Have I ever mentioned how incredibly delightful our Little T is....well, she is!!!! The morning wrapped up with waffled, whipped cream and strawberries topped with four candles and a lovely rendition of Happy Birthday!!!
Later during the day, we took all the kids to TGIF's for supper (kids eat free on Mondays..remember?) for her birthday. Throughout dinner, she was singing "Happy birthday to Tessa...happy birthday to me." It was so cute:) As supper was finishing, the waitstaff all came to the table to sing happy birthday..TGIF style:) They asked T to stand on her chair, which she did, and they sang a very loud happy birthday song to her. I thought she might cower and become very shy. She was slightly shy, but she smiled her beautiful smile the whole time and kept looking around at all the patrons staring at her. When then song was over, she just continued to stand and smile..it was so endearing! I can't get enough of this girls smile, it could light up Paris on a starless night!!
Back home now, time for cake...lovingly prepared by Mommy of course!! Another round of Happy Birthday, a slice of cake...and off to bed.
Happy Birthday Little T...you are loved beyond words and cherished as the precious child of God that you are! I love you more than I can express with my mere words and pray with all my heart that you grow to see many many more happy birthdays! The thought of how much I love you literally brings me to tears...please continue to love Jesus and all those around you....you are such a bright little light!!!!!







No comments: