
Tonight I feel peaceful, peaceful and loved! There is something about fall that really gets to me. I don't mean that in a bad way, actually the opposite. Other than the gift of my family, fall is proof positive that our Father loves us so very much. I mean really, for what other purpose did He have to have green leaves turn to red, orange and yellow. But that's not all, then they fall to the ground and make the most wonderful piles of color on the ground with hours and hours of enjoyment for kids to jump in and throw in the air. Still...there's more, finally they dry and make the most wonderful crunchy sound when you walk on them. I believe that His sole purpose for this, and all seasons, is just to give us beautiful things to enjoy. I know there are beautiful parts of all seasons, but none strike me like fall does. I feel so blessed that God picked this house for us that is almost literally wrapped in fall color. And yet, it gets even better. I am now within walking distance to the river, which is where I spent an hour today running on the trails surrounded by so many beautiful trees that I was literally in tears at one point. I don't know if anyone else out there cries because the leaves in their back yard are red, but I do....there you have it, I'm a wuss!!!
So...how much does my Father in heaven love me?? Let me count the leaves!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment