Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 23, 2012

Fearless...and free stuff;)

Wow, this past weekend was packed full of fun activities for the whole family.  It all started with the Earth Day Expo on Friday night where there was a bouncy house, and lots of stuff to look at.  While we were there, our friend Bill told us about a booth that was handing out tickets to Nickelodeon Universe.  We just happened to have a trip planned (with his step-son) for that following Sunday, to celebrate Fearless and his birthday!  So, Michael was able to get about 20 tickets, each valued differently but you would only find out once you were down there.  Next, Saturday was the race and a skateboard show that all the boys went to, which is a post in and of itself!  Finally, Sunday arrives and we pick up Cody and bring him to church with us.  Then, the boys pile in the van and head down to the Mall of America and some amusement park fun.  Me???  Well, I got to spend the day with my sweet little girls.  First, we headed off to Perkin's to enjoy a nice lunch together.  I remember when I was growing up, one of the things I loved doing most was going shopping and out to lunch with my mom.  So, after lunch we asked Grandma if she wouldn't mind watching the two littlest so that I could take sweet Little Sunshine to the mall for a couple hours.  (I would have taken all of them, but they just get antsy and restless at this age, and I really wanted Sunshine to get some big girl time!)  Okay, now this is no joke people, that girl went CRAZY with all the stores.  It's almost like she had never been there before.  But, come to think of it, I honestly can't even remember the last time I took any of the children to the mall.  It was probably before last Christmas, and that was probably just to the Food Court.  So, we went to every single jewelry and hair accessory store that there was, and she even got to ride a small helicopter ride in the center of the mall.  She was in heaven, even running and pulling me by my arm for most of the time.  I hadn't planned on buying anything while we were there, but her excitement got the better of me.  I told her that she could pick one treat under $10 to bring home.  She chose a Hello Kitty diary, complete with a lock and keys.  I don't think I could accurately describe her excitement about this purchase.  She must have thanked me a hundred times if she thanked me once!!  She was jumping around and even hugging it.  I think that maybe, just maybe, my kids don't get out enough;)  We also picked up some plastic bracelets and rings for the little girls so they didn't feel left out.  But, they had a great time doing puzzles and playing with Grandma! 
Now...here comes the free part, and have I mentioned that I LOVE free stuff.  Well, I had some coupons for Cherry Berry, so we headed there as soon as Sunshine and I got home from the mall.  Each of the girls picked their own flavors and loaded them with lots and lots of toppings.  We get to the cashier, I hand her the coupons, and get my total.  Are you ready people.....82 cents....yep, that's what it cost me for three yummy bowls of treats from Cherry Berry!!!!  Free story number one!!
Free story number two....Michael calls to tell me that he is on his way home with the boys.  I asked how it went, he says great.  Then I ask how many wrist bands he had to buy...are you ready for this...NONE!!!  That's right, the tickets we got at the expo were worth almost 300 points.  Let me put this into perspective for you, a 50 point pass costs $49.99 if you buy it.  So, we had $300 worth of free rides...isn't that unbelievable, they had enough left over to give some away to other people!!  God is so good!!!  Seriously, I know this was all His plan, so that we could all enjoy some fun times together and still be able to afford the rest of life.  That may sound silly, but I believe it with all my heart....God doesn't forget the small stuff people...he wants us to enjoy our lives and have fun!!!
There you have it...stories of fun and free stuff.  We had a fantastic weekend, but I think we could have all used Monday to rest;)

No comments: