Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Granite Kids Triathlon

Last night my brave little-big boys swam, biked, and ran in their very first triathlon.  As a matter of fact, it was the first one for the whole family.  They were excited, and a bit nervous, but seriously...who can blame them.  The race course started off with a 200 yard swim.  I don't know about you, but I think that's a long way...even for me!!  They did great and finished it, although Fearless was pretty wiped out since he chose not to use a life jacket for help.  Skater Boy thought it might be a good idea to wear one, so he wouldn't have to worry about getting so tired, I think he made a good choice!!  They ran out of the water and straight to a transition area where they had to quickly dry off, put on their shoes and a shirt.  They grabbed their bikes and were off on a 3 miles bike ride.  I think it goes without saying that my boys rocked it out on this leg of the race.  I think they were born to bike, seriously!!  Once the bike was over, it was back to transition where they had to put the bike and helmet away and head off on a one mile run. Have you ever tried to run after biking??  It is not easy!!  But, once again, they did amazing.  I was so proud and a little bit in awe of their endurance and stamina.  They finished so strong and had such a sense of accomplishment.  Later that night, Fearless told me that he was repeating the bible verse in his head that say "I can do all things through Christ who give me strength."  Atta boy Fearless, call upon the Lord...he will help you, always!!!! 
Now that we have seen these races in action, I think Mommy and Daddy might finally sign up and do one ourselves.  Although, to be completely honest, swimming 1/3 of a mile sounds terrifying to me....do you suppose it's appropriate to do the side-stroke the whole way???

Good job boys...I am so very proud of my little-big athletes:)




















No comments: