Recently we were able to take a whole week off together as a family and head up north. The weather was perfectly ordered, sunny and warm the entire time. The first few days were spent at Grandma and Grandpas house with lots of swimming, kayaking, tubing, knee boarding, did I mention swimming?? One day during the week, we decided to take the kids to Itasca State Park to see where the Mississippi River starts. They were pretty excited about the whole event, and it got even more excited when we blew a tire about 20 miles into our journey. We pulled over to the side of the road where Daddy could inspect the damage and get to work. Thankfully a very nice gentleman pulled over to assist Dad, saving us some precious time for sure!
The tire was fixed and we were off and running once again, only to miss our turn and go about 20 or so miles out of our way. Oh well, we quickly turned around and were finally on our way. We arrived and hiked straight to the headwaters. The kids just loved it, even more than I thought they would. They were busy wading in the water, picking rocks, and just having fun. The older three, plus Daddy, decided to wade down river to a little bride while Mommy and the two little ones took dry land to meet them there. Needless to say they all arrived soaked, but they didn't seem to mind any.
We loaded up the van and headed back home, with a pit stop in Walker. We thought we would stop for some pizza and ice cream. It was a great way to end a wonderful day up north. Memories that I pray the children cherish for a very long time, I know I will!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment