Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fearless and his first 5K

So our Fearless had his very first 5K race a couple of weeks ago.  Mommy was planning on running with her sweet boy, however since I have recently herniated a disc in my back, I was happy to just be able to stand and watch (that's a whole other post!!)  So, he was solo, along with Auntie and Uncle Brett.  I really had no idea how he would do since this is the farthest he had ever run before.  However, this boy of mine blew me away with his performance.  He finished 6th overall...yes, I said 6th and finished in 24:49.  For any of you who don't know if that fast or not, let me assure you that it is incredibly fast.  Not to mention that he has never run this distance before, I was very proud and amazed.  Then I remembered who his father is and really I shouldn't be so surprised.  Michael can pretty much excel at anything he tries, and Fearless is so much like him.  He is willing to push himself to do his very best, and that's all I could ever ask for.  I love you Fearless, you inspire me and amaze me every day!  God has blessed you with many talents and for you I am extremely grateful!!!

No comments: