Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Day on the Trails



This past Saturday we were finally able to head out to St. John's for our annual walk to the chapel. It has been so rainy and cold that I feared this day would not come this year. Plus, Daddy is so swamped with homework that it is difficult to convince him to leave the house on the weekends. But, we finally made it...and wouldn't you know that my camera battery died before we even made it to the trails!! This is the only picture I got. Right when we parked, the kids were off into the woods. They found an old water tower which looked alot like an old castle. Unfortunately the kids didn't get a chance to pose before my camera died, so we are missing a few in this shot:(

After Mommy dried her tears at the lost memories (in print anyway) we were off to "hit the trails." This is one of my absolute favorite things that we traditionally do as a family. I can remember since I was a little girl, I always loved hiking through the woods. I even have a few memories where I would go hunting some sort of bird with my Dad just to walk through the woods. Did I enjoy hunting? NO! But I did love the woods in the fall, there isn't much on this earth that can compare. The crisp air, crisp leaves, and the tranquility of it all practically makes me giddy. So....my family has now become a bunch of hikers because "Mommy Said So!" Seriously though, the kids all enjoy it a ton. They love exploring the woods, trying to find the best walking stick.

So, until next year when we head out to St. John's again.....happy fall!!!

No comments: