Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our Family Vacation

Okay, first of all, please bear with me because I have oodles and oodles of pictures that go along with this post. Our family recently took a weeks vacation up to my parents cabin. Michael got word that he would be starting his LPN position at the VA Hospital in St. Cloud at the end of June, so we knew it was now or never:) The kids were all so very excited to go up and sleep in the "little cabin" which is on the property just next to my parents house...it is such a treat for them. Although, this is the second year in a row that we have had less than stellar weather. It was pretty raining and chilly for the majority of our stay, but we didn't let that stop us...no sir!! We took this opportunity to take the kids go cart riding...mommy included (I know, can you believe it?) We went and had old fashioned ice cream cones at Frosty's in Longville, went to a carnival, went fishing, biking in the woods, took lots of walks, four wheeler rides, swimming...and did I mention fishing?!?! Fearless and Skater Boy have fallen in love with all things fishing. In fact, just today they asked if we knew any one around here who would let them borrow some rods so we could go fishing in the river. They can't wait to get back up there for the 4th of July to catch some more sunnies, perch and crawfish! Little T, Sunshine and Lou had a great time too. The bigger girls took lots of walks with Mommy and enjoyed the four-wheeler with Daddy. Although I have to admit that Lou is quite the little handful up there. She is a terror on knees and gets into EVERYTHING!!! She kept Mommy quite busy and they had lots of quality time together!

It was a great vacation and I truly enjoy the time away to relax and unwind! Oh, and Daddy did start his new position at the VA. He just started his second week and it seems almost surreal that he is actually employed again. I keep praying with all my heart that this becomes the stability that we have been needing!!






























Tha...tha...tha....that's all folks!!!

No comments: