Our Christmas celebration began on Christmas Eve this year with a trip to Grandpa Bip's house. This is a nice treat since we get a chance to see Michael's family. The children always balk a bit about dressing up, but usually give into their mother's pleas and near tear begging. I always tell them that I only ask for a few days a year...so would they "pleaseeeeeee" JUST DO IT!!!! Anywhoo...we spent the afternoon at Grandpa's house, and then we all piled in the vans to head off to Christmas Eve service. Usually this is a wonderful time to sing Christmas Caroles and be reminded all about the true meaning of Christmas. However, thanks to my sweet little Louie, I heard none of that this year. She was on a, what I believe to be, sugar high and not about to sit still for one cotton pickin' minute. I spent the entire church service out in the lobby trying to keep her quiet. Oh well, I poked my head in when I could and tried to just go with the flow. After church, we once again piled in the van and headed to G and G Kelm's for Christmas dinner and gifts. Again, this is a wonderful time to spend with family that isn't visited too often during the year. It was a great day, and the kids were ready to head home for bed. Tomorrow morning will come early with anticipation of what may be under the tree!
All the cousins with Grandpa Bip

Mama and her sweety, Louie

Little T and Louie share a book with Great-Grandma Kelm.

Sunshine with her Godmother, Kensey.

My five beauties ready to celebrate Christ's birth!
No comments:
Post a Comment