Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My 2 Dancing Princesses....

This past weekend Sunshine and Little T had their big Christmas dance recital. They have been attending dance class for the past 7 Saturdays in preparation for this big event. Sunshine was way beyond excited about the production. Of all of our children, she is the most outgoing and willing to try new things. She doesn't seem to get nervous in the least about doing her routine in front of an entire gymnasium full of parents and friends. Now, Little T, well she is quite the mystery to me. Every time I would take her to class, she would hardly do anything except just stand and stare at her instructors. Every once in a while she would dance for a second and then realize what she was doing, only to stop and stare once more. I was convinced that she was going to be "that girl" that just stood out on the gym floor staring at the crowds. So I warned everyone to not be disappointed when Little T just stood there, frozen. Fast forward....her class comes on to the floor and lines up to dance. I hold my breath just a little, waiting to see if she is going to start crying and run off the floor to find us (she has done that during class!) The music starts, and what do you know, so does Little T. She started doing the dance, much to my delight. She would stop here and there to tug on her tights, or putz with her shoe string, but she did dance. It was so heartwarming, I was half laughing, half crying the whole time. Both Michael and I were so proud of her, I guess she's starting to come out of her shell just a bit. And Sunshine, well of course she did outstanding in her routine. She is very professional and makes sure she does the moves EXACTLY the way she was taught. I can picture her years down the road still doing dance and just loving it. She makes me very proud, she is such a bright light...always my Little Sunshine!!!





No comments: