Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Big Day for Jack!!

Tonight was pretty exciting for Jack at gymnastics. His coaches officially moved him up to the advanced class. It was something to see him with all of those BIG boys...seriously! He is younger and smaller than the rest of the boys in his class now, but he can certainly hold his own. I was so proud of him. Although, he just had to give me one look and I knew that he was petrified and about to start crying at the thought of being in this new group. I knew exactly what he wanted and needed from his Mommy right then...prayer. I bowed my head and prayed that God would grant him confidence and courage to participate with the big boys..also that he would let Jack feel his presence. Well, he quickly got his groove back and started flipping around like he always does. When class was over he told me what I already knew, that he was so scared to move up a level and felt like crying. I told him that I had prayed for him and his response was, "I know Mommy, I could feel it and I calmed down right away." I tell ya, there is something special in the heart of that dear little boy of mine....I love him so!!

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Congratulations Jack! That was a touching entry Jes...the power of prayer! Wow!