
Our sweet little Ava had her very first dance show this past Saturday. She has been attending Just for Kixx for the past 7 weeks and has been anxiously awaiting this special event. Her class danced to the song "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee." We had her all dressed in her costume, hair curled (as well as it would take!) and a tiny bit of mascara and blush on! She had to get dressed a little early since Daddy and the boys had to leave to go to a wedding. He did get to see her all dressed up though, so she was happy! Mommy, Tessa, G &G Kelm all went to the Sauk Rapids High school to watch the big number. She did so great...especially her little tushie shake, which she is quite proud of:)
When the dance was over, the parents were asked to come and pick the little ones up on the gym floor. When I got to Ava I could see that her mascara had run down her cheeks a bit. I asked if she was scared and had been crying. She said "Mommy, I just got so sad because you were gone for so long!" Poor thing! They did have to wait about an hour before they actually had a chance to dance, for a 4 year old...that's a LONG time!
We bundled up and headed home to meet Daddy and the brothers (that's what Ava calls the boys). She was very excited to see Daddy walk in the door with a beautiful rose just for her. He wanted to do something special for her since he had to miss the show...so sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment