Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Have you ever heard of Jesus Christ?

Okay, so last night was our three oldest children's first night at AWANA. This is a group for all children that meets every Wednesday night at our church. AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. It includes games, crafts, and most of all it's all about teaching the children about Jesus and what he means to us. Now, the name Jesus is nothing new in our house. In fact, the name Jesus is mentioned all throughout or day.....the boys go to Christians schools, we attend church, and always pray together. But, after the kids came home from AWANA last night there was a new spark in their interest for the Lord. Elijah came right home and got out Michael's old Bible and wanted me to show him where John 3:16 was. I explained how to look it up and he said "oh, so cool Mom, I have to read my Bible now." WOW!!! Then, this morning, after Greta and Charlie arrived to play, Ava bounds down the stairs and asks "have you ever heard about Jesus Christ?" It thrills me more than anything to see my children so excited about learning more about Jesus. I tell them all the time that the most important job I have is to teach them about Jesus. So, I thing we'll keep going to AWANA.....it's obviously going to be GREAT!

No comments: