Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 13, 2009

WE LOVE VALENTINE"S DAY!!!



Well, I don't think any holiday can pass in our house anymore with making cut-out cookies. This is a such a treat for the kids...they love to roll the dough and cut out the shapes. Mom has to admit that I do dread it just a bit. Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I can not stand chaos and messes. I have learned that I need to just let go for a little while and let them get flour and cookie dough all over the floor. That's what they invented vacuum cleaners for, right?
So, anyway, while Jack was at school, the rest helped us make the heart cookies for Valentine's treats. Little miss Tessa just got to watch, but she is still okay with that. I got a couple shots of them frosting...well, I'm not sure if frosting is the exact word, but they covered their cookies with frosting anyway!! And of course we saved some cookies for Jack to frost when he got home from school. I must make a public apology to him since I forgot to snap a couple pictures of him. "I'm sorry Jack, Mommy loves you just as much, I just forget things sometimes!!!" And the cookies were DELICIOUS...lots of yummy frosting, and some to spare!!!


No comments: