Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day




Ahhhh.....Valentine's day!! I love Valentine's day, and it's not just because I get to eat chocolate:) Nope, I love Valentine's day because it's a great reason to get all mushy, gushy with my family. Now mind you, I am that way all the time anyway, but I can really go over the top without making a fool out of myself...since it's love day and all!! We started the day at church, and at Mommy's request everyone wore red or pink (see what I mean about mushy, gushy:) Nobody complains, they know how Mommy rolls!
Next, we came home and we continued to labor on our heart cake....and when I say labor, I mean it. I was inspired to make this cake I had come across online, and it was a two day project. So, anywho....after the cake was complete, Michael took the older three swimming at Gold's Gym while Mommy stayed behind with the "babies" to start getting supper ready. On the menu for V-day??? Steak (prepared by Daddy, he doesn't let Mommy make the meat!), portabella mushroom pasta (yummy!!), salad, strawberries, sparking grape juice......and of course the cake!!! Grandma Carole stopped by just as we were setting the table, so we asked her to join us. It was of course another wonderful night with my beloved family, and the cake turned out perfect......I HEART CAKE!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I LOVE it!!! Great job!! You really are talented....everything looks perfect!!! I think it might even be better then mine! ;)

Be blessed-
Amanda