Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Come on Lou...please give Mama a smile!

Okay, another post without a picture. I wasn't going to blog about this, but since this has become my journal and scrapbook all in one...I thought why not. Plus, my mother thought it would be good to document these things since a mother's memory fails after years and years of sleepless nights.

So, on to the story. This past Tuesday I took Lou, Little T and Sunshine to the local photography studio to get Lou's sixth month picture taken. I thought to myself ..."gee, it will be a great opportunity to get a shot of all three girls to hang in their bedroom. Hey, while I'm at it I'll get myself dolled up and have a photo of Mama and her girls...what an absolutely wonderful idea." YEAH RIGHT!!!! How dare I think that something like that would go off without a hitch...strike that...several hitches! My normally, very congenial, little Lou decided that she was going to cry THE ENTIRE time we were there. She would, on occasion, appear to be ready to break through with a smile, only to turn it quickly into a scream. Seriously, are you kidding me. This baby of mine barely ever, ever cries...for real. The poor photographer tried, for what seemed like an eternity, to get a decent shot of her. All the while, Little T is adamant about getting in the shot with Lou. I would tell her to wait, to which she would cross her arms and say "no, I don't want to." Finally I found a bag of cheerios in my purse to keep her occupied for a little while. Lou still refused to cooperate so we decided to get the other girls involved to see if it helped at all. Ahhhh....that was a big NO! Now that Little T finally had the opportunity to show the camera what she's made of, she decided that "no, I don't want to" was a much more fun game to play! Come on!!! When she finally decided to sit (with the promise of a chocolate chip) she would not smile. I quickly regretted giving her the cheerios, because all she did was try and dig them out of her teeth with her tongue. It took me a while to figure out why she was making such a weird face, never smiling. By this time, I had broken out into what I can only describe as a very unflattering sweat! Poor Sunshine...she just sat there smiling and trying to pat Lou's bottom to keep her from crying.
Now, and please don't ask me why, but next I thought that maybe if we tried a picture with me in it that all would go well. Who was I kidding...like all the girls would immediately cooperate and smile simply because Mommy was sitting on the floor next to them...ha! She only took two pictures and I finally called it quits. She did say that she wanted to load the proofs we had so that I could take a peek. What a mistake. There wasn't a single picture of Lou that turned out...no big surprise. Again...not one single picture of the three girls turned out either, only Sunshine was smiling, and Little T was doing the digging thing with her tongue...good grief. Oh, but the real kicker was the picture of all four of us. I took one look and literally had to turn away from the screen in horror. I had been working so hard to get them to smile that I was a serious mess. My hair was completely flattened to my face on one side, and in a big puffy mess on the other. My only thought was that Lou must have grabbed it and the hairspray I had used made it keep that shape. Now, don't you think that the photographer would have said, "ah, maybe you want to fix your hair first" but ohhhh no!!! I'm pretty sure if I would have looked hard enough there would have been sweat marks under my arms and drool stains on my blouse....good times:)

We're going to try again next week...although I think I'm going to bring along some help this time!!!

2 comments:

Wahlin Family said...

Lol! Sorry to laugh about this story, but I have been there and done that more than once. Good luck next time:)

Simones said...

Yeah, sounds familar to me too! I always break a sweat when trying to get my kids pictures taken.