Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Little Trip Down the Sauk...

Today, Daddy had a great idea that he would call up our cousin Justin, borrow his canoe, and take the boys on their very first canoe ride down the Sauk River. I won't pretend that I wasn't a bit nervous about this, because I was. I have some serious issues with fretting when my children aren't with me. I know (DAD!) that their in good hands with God, but it's my human nature as their Mom to want them under my wings...I need to let go a bit I admit! Anywhoo...we packed up the van and headed to the river. Skater Boy wasn't so sure about the whole thing to begin with. He kept thinking that the river leads to the ocean so it must be very deep and full of sharks....isn't that cute. But, I can totally understand his hesitation since I was the exact same way as a child...shocker, I know! However, once we got there and he could see for himself the river was not the raging Mississippi, but the gentle Sauk which was very shallow and calm. He quickly changed into his swimming suit and got ready for their adventure. Mommy headed home to make lunch for the girls and promised to meet the boys at the park in Sauk Rapids to pick them up. Apparently they had the best time. They saw tons of fish, bullheads, carps, even caught a leather back turtle. They enjoyed their time with their Daddy and can't wait to go again. Do you think this means that know Michael will want to buy a canoe.....probably!





No comments: