Another year, another round of Earth Day Runs to partake in. Sadly this year, mommy was unable to fully train for the half marathon. So, instead I braved the cold Northern winds and ran the 5K on Friday night. I did better than I had expected, considering my running is just getting going again since my back problems. Now, the boys wanted nothing to do with running this year. They hate how many kids there are in this race, especially Fearless. That's fine, I still have two little girls who were very eager to join in the fun. This was Little T's very first race, and I had no idea how she was going to do. Well, she ran, holding on to Daddy's hand, the entire way...it was very, very sweet. Of course, Sunshine did awesome. She had a great little kick at the end to pass a whole bunch of kids...that a girl!!! Saturday morning Mommy and her sister volunteered to be on traffic control duty. It was very cold, but this was so fun. It was wonderful to be able to cheer on all my friends at mile 5 and then again right at the end. I don't know what I enjoy more, running it, or cheering at it. Well, I do know this...the runners were probably way warmer than I was but at least I wasn't sore in the morning:)


No comments:
Post a Comment