Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 18, 2011

SOLD...SOLD...SOLD...

That's right people...our home has finally sold. To be honest I am still in a bit of a state of shock at how this all went down. We have had so many people walk through our home, and most of them have loved it. Then, we have had some of those people walk through two, or even three times. Now, this past Wednesday we had a showing scheduled from a past realtor who brought a couple through two times in one day. I thought it must have been the same couple, but I found out she was bringing a new client through because the realtor just loved our home. They all drove up here from the Cities to view our home. We didn't really think much of it, since most everyone wants a master bathroom and we don't have one. However, we had recently switched our rooms around and they were getting great feedback.
Rewind a month....my aunt and uncles old house had gone on the market in mid March. I begged Michael to go look at it, because I had always loved it and had very fond memories of it. We walked through it, loved it, brought the kids through, they loved it....then we wrote a contingent offer. I won't go into gory details, but it was very complicated and very drawn out process. So, we had been in negotiation for our contingent offer to be accepted since March 23rd.
Fast forward to April 14th.....our realtor Erica called us one hour after the woman walked through our home. She informed us that the owners of the house we wanted accepted our offer....and we had an offer on our house. What??? I nearly vomited right there, I was in total shock. Are you kidding me??? We had tried to sell our home for so long, and this woman comes out of nowhere and wants our house just like that??? No second showing, no long list of questions for us...just a straight up offer. Now, to be honest, the offer was awful. We said no, we would only go down a couple thousand from asking price. Erica called back within minutes and said "she accepted your counter." WHAT???? Again...where's my puke bucket??? The buyer wants us out by May 20th, she doesn't want an inspection, the only thing they wanted was our pink playhouse in the backyard and my foyer bench and shelf (which probably won't fit the new house anyway..but I'm still sad about it). Well...okay then, I guess we're moving!
So, needless to say our house has been in chaos ever since. Daddy started packing literally the next day and there are boxes and junk everywhere. I have given up trying to keep it clean, now I am just trying to keep my cool with all this craziness around me. I have to admit that this is very overwhelming at times, with all the numbers and things going on. We are handing over our keys at 10am on May 20th, and gaining ownership of our new house at 1pm on the same day.....crazy. But, it's a good thing. We reduced our mortgage by a ton, gained a pool, an acre in town, more square footage, and a 100 years of charm in an old family home....life is good!!!
Now, if you would please keep us in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if no one is busy in the next few weeks, I know someone who could use a few extra pairs of hands....ahem:)

No comments: