Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 25, 2011

COOKIES:)

So while Michael was at work tonight, the day after Thanksgiving, the little ones and I decided to get a jump start on our Christmas baking. I always start with the cut-outs, because to be honest, I dread this just a bit!!! They are a three step process, and let's be honest people, they make a GIGANTIC mess!! Once Lou was down for her nap, the oldest four and I started on the first half of them. Yep, that's right, I have to do this again tomorrow:) Once we get all 150 or so cookies made, then Daddy's comes in to help frost. He actually looks forward to this tradition as much as the children I think. I would never even consider frosting Christmas cookies without him!!! Sunshine, Fearless and Skater boy did an outstanding job of rolling their own dough, cutting out the shapes and getting them to the cookies sheet. I pretty much just had to handle giving out flour, baking them...and of course helping Little T. I really don't know if she cut out a ton of cookies, but I can assure you that she ate plenty of dough. I know, I know, you are not supposed to eat raw cookie dough...but seriously give me a break. I have done it my whole life and I am just fine;)
Louie woke up just in time for the last bit of cookie dough to be rolled. Fearless gave her a ball of it, and before you could say "COOKIE", she had shoved the whole thing into her mouth. I thought the kids were going to pee their pants, they were laughing so hard at her. Clearly she is just a bit too young for baking, which is exactly why I tried to wrap it up before she woke. Oh well, no harm done. So, we have just begun our baking around here. The kids are very excited and it is so much fun to watch them get silly and really enjoy one another while we make these memories. Family traditions are so important, and believe me, we have plenty. Speaking of traditions, they have reminded us several times that tomorrow is tree cutting day!! So, we will be off to the tree farm in the morning....I love Christmas:)










No comments: