Alright my little Louie, let's try this again shall we?? Today I was cutting an enormous amount of apples. We picked four huge bags of apples from our neighbors tree the other day, and I was determined to tackle the job this morning during nap time. I first thought I could keep Louie occupied by allowing her to color with markers, always a highly coveted craft for my dear toddler:) However, she quickly decided that "Louie do!" Of course, she is independent and believes that whatever ANYONE does...SHE CAN DO TOO!! She took it upon herself to go to the silverware drawer and pull out a cheese knife. Then, she pushed the stool up next to me and began slicing....or hacking....whatever! I gave her a little bowl to put her apple slices, or chunks, in and she was happy to go about her business. Today was a much more productive "learning to help" experience than "the egg incident" was. Obviously I couldn't use her apples in my baking, but she was none the wiser. But, it was fun to see the looks on the older kids faces when I told them that Louie cut the apples in the crisp. I think HORROR would be a good word to describe it. I'm sure they were picturing seeds, stems, skin....oh and probably a worm or two!! I guess you had to be there, something only a crazy Mommy would get a kick out of I guess!!! Thanks for the help little Louie...you sure to make cutting apples that much more entertaining:)
Muddy fun!!
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment