Next, I went into the 2nd grade classroom to meet with Mrs. Strohschein, Jack's teacher. She was also his Kindergarten teacher, so it's nice to be able to hear how he has grown over the years. She, too, had nothing but praise for my dear Jack. She said that he is kind to everyone in his class, always says "please", "thank you", "excuse me", I think you get the point. This is so typical of our Jack. Even at home, he is so quick with his apologizes and requests for forgiveness. He is the first to say "I love you" to EVERYONE! God truly gave Jack a heart for others, very sensitive and empathetic!
She went on to say that he has lots of energy (which nobody has to tell me!) but that he is not distracting at all. She said he knows how to sit and listen, and then use all that energy during recess and gym. At gym, apparently his athletic abilities are quite something. She asked me if he has always been so flexible. I told her that he had been in gymnastics for the past two years, that seemed to clear up some lingering questions in her mind.
Of course, Mrs. S. told me that Jack is very intelligent and very neat and thorough in all of his work. She loves having him in class and told me that I should be very proud of him. I am so very proud of him, he is a special little boy. I thank God every night for him, and tell Jack that God picked him to be our first for a special reason...because he is so good at taking care of others!!
Then, later on in the evening as a special treat, Michael took the kids outside sledding in the DARK! He has never done this with them before, and they had a blast. Apparently they didn't even need sleds, just went straight done on their tushies!! I had to make them come in for hot chocolate and bed. Usually Ava is knocking on the door after just a few minutes, but not tonight. I asked her how much fun she had, and her response was "I had a hundred funs Mamma!" And of course, the boys typical response after a fun day was "it was the best night ever!"



1 comment:
You do know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?!! You are an exceptional mom and I think that has rubbed off on your kids. (of course, Mike is a wonderful dad too!) You should be very proud. We can only hope that are kids make good decisions in life. Yours are definitely headed in the right direction. May God always bless them!
Post a Comment