My poor sweet baby Tessa had to have her first minor surgery, and hopefully her last. She has been having so many ear infections this winter, that Dr. Truitt thought it would be best to put tubes in her ears. He was concerned that her hearing would start to become affected if we didn't clear all the fluid out of her ear canals. So, very early this morning I had to rouse sweet Tessa from her pleasant dream and load her into our freezing van. Well, it wasn't that cold, Mommy did think enough to get it started and warmed up for her! But it was early. She is used to sleeping until whenever she feels like waking, sometimes as late as 8am. So, 6am came pretty early for both of us. She wasn't able to eat or drink anything since midnight...good thing she woke for a bottle at about 11:30 last night!! My sister Jennifer went with me for some moral support (she used to work as a nurse there, so everyone knew her!) and to distract me while all of this was happening. Tessa did pretty well all morning, just getting a little restless right before she went back to the OR. This is always the worst part, taking my precious child back and watching her be put under anesthesia....it is simply heartbreaking. They say that often times the child will wake the way they fell asleep. In Tessa's case, this was "kicking and screaming", or should I say "slapping and screaming." Jennifer and I were sitting in the little consultation room waiting for her and we could hear her screaming all the way down the hall....not a good sign! They gave her to Mommy for comfort, although she found none! I think she was mad at me since I'm the last one she saw as she fell asleep. I know I shouldn't have been laughing, but it was so funny to see my "baby" slapping me across the face. And when I say slapping my across the face, that's EXACTLY what she was doing. Then when that didn't make her feel better, she would cry for her nukie, only to hurl it across the room..over..and over..and over again. I think Jennifer thought she was quite a sight. They had put to sleep my sweetheart and she woke up a monster. Well, the nurses were quick to be of assistance, getting her a bottle and some motrin. They figured that she was having some pain in her ears from the procedure. Sure enough, within 5 minutes of the medicine, she was my calm and cuddly Tessa once more. I praise God for the doctors and nurses that took such care of my precious little one today...they are very special indeed. I was also very thankful that my sister, the nurse was also there with me. She is a great calm in an atmosphere that is anything but calm for me! So, hopefully after this Tessa will finally sleep through the night. I can hope can't I?!
Muddy fun!!
13 years ago



1 comment:
Happy to hear everything went all right. Did she sleep through the night last night?
Post a Comment