Anyway, this past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Elijah and watch the Vikings game. An entire football game has never been viewed in this house, and to be honest, I was starting to feel "out of the loop." :) I love my husband with all my heart, but it's no big secret that he's not a "typical" kind of guy. He loves sports, just not the ones I grew up playing and watching. He loves skateboarding, biking, kick boxing, weight lifting, gymnastics and diving...to name a few. I grew up with two older brothers who played basketball, football and baseball. Because of this, I always longed for my boys, at least one of them, to have the desire to play a sport I was at least familiar with. I don't know if I will have much luck with Jack, he is so much like Michael! However, Elijah has shown interest in football and baseball! So, this past Sunday I thought I would force...errr, I mean encourage...the family to watch the football game! To my surprise and delight, Elijah really started to get into it. We snuggled on the couch together (with Ava) and Mommy explained all about what a first down is, penalties, line of scrimmage...basically anything I could remember. He was so excited when they won and insisted that we watch them play next Sunday. He even asked if we could host a Superbowl party if the Vikings made it....WOW!! I'm thrilled about this...I wonder what Daddy's going to think?!
Muddy fun!!
13 years ago



2 comments:
I'm proud that you know that much about football. You may have to teach me a few things.
I only know so much because when I was growing up my brother was quarterback for the high school team. My sister and I always had to run plays in the back yard so he could practice:)
Post a Comment