Uggghhh, if I have to do one more load of laundry I may have to throw-up...again! We have been bombarded with a nasty, little stinker of a stomach virus. If you all remembered, it all started on New Year's Eve when Tessa got sick. We thought that we were in the clear and she would be the only one to come down with it. Yeah right...like it should ever be that easy in a house full of five children:) Fast forward to Saturday night when Mommy, yes Mommy who never gets sick.....got sick! Seriously, I felt so terrible. All I could think was poor Tessa, if this is how she felt she did remarkably well! I had no energy whatsoever, I couldn't even lift up little Esme'. My poor baby would be carried to me to eat, then quickly carted away....it was truly miserable. So, I spent the majority of the day on Sunday in bed. All you moms out there know that when a mom is sick the whole world comes to a stop. Laundry stops being washed, floors don't get scrubbed, beds don't get made...need I go on?! Anyway, so I came down stairs about 6pm to feed Esme' and I was sitting on the couch with Jack. He says to me "mommy, you're sick and dad's sick...who's going to take care of us?" WHAT???? I had not been aware that Daddy was sick, seriously this is not good, not good at all! Michael came back upstairs and I asked him about it. Yep, he was sick alright, he just didn't want to let on because he knew I needed to rest. Ahhhh...what a guy!
So from there things quickly went downhill. Both of the adults in the house were practically immobile on the couch and we told Jack that he had to be in charge for the night. He was not thrilled about this, but did take his responsibility pretty seriously. Everyone went to bed pretty easily so Mommy and Daddy could get some sleep as well. But wait...that's not it...there's more!!
Mommy woke to the sound no mother wants to hear at 12:15 in the morning. Poor Elijah was the next casualty, and I don't need to mention that he was sleeping on the top bunk in the boys room when it struck. Oh, did you not want to hear about that??? Well, yep, that meant that Mommy who was still recovery had to scrub the bedroom and anything that had fabric on it within a ten foot radius. Seriously, I could have cried....wait, I DID!!! We've been doing laundry and scrubbing carpets pretty much since then, so much fun:)
We are praying with all our might that Jack, Ava and Esme' don't get this....join us won't you?!?!
Muddy fun!!
13 years ago



1 comment:
Gosh, I sure hope everyone's feeling better. The music on your blog has never before seemed so perfectly fitting. Just when you think you've given all you have to give, you find out how deep you can dig. My heart goes out to you and prayers are going up for you.
Post a Comment