Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthdays and Skateparks

So...like a said a few days ago, my dear Fearless has recently turned nine. I still can't believe that he is getting so big so fast. I feel like I was just teaching him how to ride his bike, and now he is flipping on his skateboard. Oh, how I do adore this boy though...he has truly been a blessing to us. Just this morning I woke up to the sound of breakfast happening in the kitchen. Naturally I assumed that Michael had gotten up with the four oldest and just let me sleep until Lou woke up. I was so pleasantly amazed at the scene that I stumbled (I hadn't had my coffee...so that term is used LITERALLY!) upon. Fearless was preparing toasted bagels and cream cheese for Little T and Sunshine. I could have started crying right then and there. I know I've said this before, but God hand picked the best BIGGEST brother in the whole universe for me to raise, I couldn't be prouder of how he can care for his siblings. The little girls thought it was just the best thing ever that he did this for them. And the real kicker...he didn't even think of making one for himself until everyone was happily eating and content...how's that for ya!!! Ahhh...I'd like to take credit for his caring and compassionate heart but we all know I'd be lying...it's all from our Father up above...we just try and lead him in HIS direction!!!!

So anywhoo...back to birthdays and skateparks. We just had all the family over last night for cake and ice cream (his actual b-day was on race weekend). He had requested that Mommy make a skateboard cake this year...sure, no problemo!!! To be honest, THIS CAKE STRESSED ME OUT!!! I am not engineerly gifted (is that even a word?!?!) and I can visualize things but sometimes have a difficult time getting it from my brain to real life stuff. So, after a couple errors...ahem...we finally had success, and a happy birthday boy!!!

Fearless and his cake. And NO..that's not a 6!!! I copied his skateboard...it's a B for Birdhouse!
Ah....Fliptricks, the latest obsession!

Make a wish my sweet boy!
Fearless, Skater Boy and his friend JD hit the skatepark on his birthday...they LOVED it!

The three boys watching the BIG boys...


No comments: