Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Earth Day Half Marathon

This past Saturday marked the third year in a row that Mommy ran in the Earth Day Half Marathon. It was the most beautiful day for a LONG run...sunshiny and just a hint of breeze. Last year, I was seventeen weeks pregnant with little Lou when I ran, so I was determined to beat my previous time. I figured it wouldn't really say much of me as a runner if I do better pregnant....seriously people! So anyway, I took training pretty seriously and was really determined to finish in 2 hours this year (last year was 2:05). Well folks, I finished with a time of 1:56:38 and I am ecstatic about that. Although, I do have to admit that my quads are pretty sore still. Oh well, I guess that just means that I pushed myself a little harder. There is no chance of improvement if you don't push yourself to the limit...right?!?!

My beautiful family (and Jenn's) waiting at mile 8
Going strong near a water stop..somewhere near mile 4 (I'm # 485..in the blue:)

Me, my sis and some of the kids post race

Mommy and her swarm of beauties...again trying to get a good picture...I give up!


No comments: