Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wait a minute, didn't we do this last year?

Ummm...excuse me, but didn't we do this last year??? YES, YES WE DID!!! I actually went back to last year's blog to double check, and sure enough, Little T was sick with a stomach bug on the exact same date as last year. Thank the Lord it didn't last as long!! The night before last she started throwing up right around midnight, and continued into the wee hours of the morning. Poor Michael, he's pretty much been on "night time vomit duty" ever since Lou has been born. It is physically impossible for me to help clean and bathe one child while nursing another all night long. So, after we both sat with her for a few hours, Michael hunkered down and lay on her floor all night...just in case. We were hoping and praying that it was maybe just something she ate that night and it would be over as quickly as it came in. Why in the world would I ever expect it to be that easy...I've been a parent for nearly nine years now, I should know better!! She got up the next morning and had just a little bit to drink, and shortly after that it came right back up. We laid her down for a nap really early, and she woke up with a temperature...ugghhh!! However, when the afternoon progressed, I thought maybe she had turned a corner since she kept down a little of a cereal bar. She then started begging and begging for a some milk. I had a really bad feeling about it, and knew deep down I shouldn't give her any, but she was so pathetic that I totally caved in. I watered down some milk and let her drink a few ounces of it. What a mistake!! She walked upstairs and gave me one look...which was all I needed! I quickly grabbed her and tried to make it to the utility sink in the laundry room. No such luck...Little T threw up ALL OVER ME!! We did finally make it to the sink, and I would say "Little T...please face the sink." Then she would turn to me and say "NO..I don't want to puke...." as she continued to projectile vomit on me like three more time. Seriously people, that stuff was down my shirt..in my hair...in my ears...oh, and since we were in the laundry room it was also on coats...in backpacks...clean laundry...YEP, GOOD TIMES!!!! On a positive note, that was the last time she threw up....definitely went out with a bang! Some days, being a Mommy is a hard job....well, harder than usual:)

No comments: