Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 13, 2009

He Has Risen...Hallelujah!!!

When I sit and truly reflect on the fact that God sacrificed His one, and only Son, for all of us sinners, it almost is too much to take in. As a mother, I can't imagine watching any of my children suffer what Jesus had to suffer, for all of us. But, the fact is He did, because that's how much he loves us. And really, if I was the only person on this earth, He would have still done it....isn't that amazing!! Easter is such a wonderful day to celebrate God's love with family, and this year had beautiful weather to go right along!
This kiddos (well, actually Jack) were up at 6:15 so excited to find some Easter eggs. Now, at our house we have a rule that you have to stay in your room until 7am. This pretty much only applies to Jack since he gets up at the crack of dawn any day that he doesn't have school. The rest are content to snooze at least until 7. So, I reminded Jack that he would have to wait just a little longer. Well, dear Tessa rose around 6:45, so apparently this meant everyone had free license to get up too. Oh well...off to find the Easter eggs I guess.
Now, Ava had been counting down the days until Easter for at least a week. She would always tell me how she couldn't wait to wake up and hunt for goodies. However, when the day finally arrived, all she wanted to do was put on her pretty dress. She was undressed before I even made it to her bedroom. I tried to kindly remind her that, first we find eggs, then we have breakfast, THEN we get our dress on (all this so it isn't stained before we walk out the door)! She was not happy about this and decided to sulk on the stairs for a while. She finally realized that she was missing all the fun and snapped out of her funk.....geez, talk about ruining all the fun:)
So, the kids found the eggs and their baskets and finished breakfast. Next, off to church we go. I love going to church....I really do. It is so uplifting and wonderful. Our church was pretty crowded on Sunday (which I'm sure most were) which I thought was so wonderful. The more people, the louder I can sing!!!
Now, after church we headed to Grandma Carole's house for lunch, then off to G and G Kelm's for dinner.
It was a glorious day....He has risen, He has risen indeed!!!

No comments: