Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Run 13.1 miles.....CHECK!!!


EARTH DAY HALF MARATHON!
The kids all got up bright and early to wish me well and say a little prayer!

Kellly, Cori and me right before the start, it was a little bit chilly.

My dear children waiting to cheer me on at mile 10. Jack was the warming blanket :)

The girls and me around mile 8....still going strong!
Post race photo with Cori and Kelly


Saturday was once again the Earth Day Half Marathon. This is something that I did for the first time last year, and was anxious to do again. I had started training for it very early in the year with two friends of mine. However, as you all know, we found out that we are expecting number 5 early this fall. I was very sad thinking that all plans to run the race again would have to be put on hold a year. Well, after a conversation with my doctor, all was a-go to make a second attempt at running 13.1 miles!!! Training continued all through the year, through some of the worst winter weather that Minnesota has seen in quite some time!! I guess running through all that nastiness just prepared us for running in wonderful conditions on Saturday. It was a bit chilly to start off, but that is perfect for running in (no fear of over-heating)! All three of us girls felt great through the whole thing. We were hoping to finish in 2:10 and actually finished in 2:05, so we were so excited about that. Plus, I was pretty proud of the fact that I finished 7 minutes faster than last year, being 17 weeks pregnant!!
It was a great race and an awesome weekend. We are all planning on taking part in these festivities again next year. It's a great way to start the season. Maybe, just maybe, we can talk Daddy into running one of the races too......what do you think?

1 comment:

Simones said...

We did it! I will miss our long runs! Let me know if you are up for a run anytime.