Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A 5K...family style!!

Okay, how does the saying go again....."a family that RUNS together STAYS together"...well, something like that! I have finally talked my husband into joining in some fun....RACING!!!

Now, let me remind you, I don't actually race to win (yet..I'm working on it!) but I do race against myself for sure!!! And deep down, I really want to keep up with my gazelle of a husband. Okay people, this man doesn't train, doesn't run for leisure, but can run a 24 minute 5K pushing a double jogging stroller. Seriously, I think he can pretty much do anything he sets his mind to. Just imagine what he could do if he actually trained for it. Hmmm...come to think of it, we are a little short on cash right now, maybe I should sign him up for some races with cash prizes!!!! HA! Anywhooo....back to the race. It was the most beautiful morning to be out running with the family. Michael, Mommy, Little T and Lou ran the 5K race (T and Lou in the stroller of course!) Mommy was super proud of her "unofficial" time of 24:36...best yet, yeah!!! And Daddy finished just behind her. Although in all fairness, he was way at the back to start since he had the stroller, so who knows, he could have actually run it faster?!?! But, for now I'll say that I actually beat my husband in a race:)


After the 5K, Fearless, Skater Boy and Sunshine had a 1K once again this year. The boys ran first and did simply superb. Skater Boy was steady and finished really strong. However, after the first loop I noticed that Fearless was way behind Skater Boy and not running really strong. He came to the side and said he fell and was bleeding. I told him "just finish the race and we'll take care of it." (was that the best response??? I'm not sure:) Anyway, he really did finish strong. He passed his brother and finished just in front of his friend from school. When they came around the final corner Fearless was just behind him, but he kicked it into turbo gear at the finish to come out ahead....wowza!!! Now, next Sunshine was ready for her race. Daddy was going to run with her but his knees were getting a bit stiff. So, he asked Fearless if he would be willing to do it and his response was "sure Dad!" What a great kid...have I ever mentioned that?!?! Michael was teared up as Fearless and Sunshine took out of the start. He ran with her the whole way, encouraging her and telling her she was doing so well. It really was a very proud moment for us to see how he cares and loves her so. Sunshine finished with ease and a smile...so typical! Fearless finished the second time making his running total a little over a mile! After the races, the kids finally were able to dig in at the picnic. Skater Boy was in watermelon heaven...he could live on that stuff!


Another great Saturday, another great race....I love my family!!!


Me and my beloved family post race!


Finally...a race run together...YEAH!!!!!



Daddy coming in strong, looks like Little T is watching out for Lou:)



Fearless and Sunshine coming into the finish...big smiles


If that isn't the look of determination...I don't know what is!

Skater Boy makin' it look easy!


My three wee ones proudly display their hardware


Little T....she's just cute enough to get a picture of. So is Lou...but she didn't cooperate:)


No comments: