Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Earthway Farms



Just recently, Little Miss Sunshine and Mommy were able to go to Earthway Farms for her very first field trip. She was so excited, kept telling me "to hurry up and get going or we're going to miss the bus." Funny, because this is coming from the little girl who is usually still in her pajamas at a quarter to nine on a school day...Little Miss I Don't Want to Get Dressed Yet!!! Anywhoo....we obviously made it with plenty of time to spare. The bus was parked and waiting when we arrived which made her so excited. She had never ridden on a school bus before and could hardly wait. Me??? Well, all I could think about were the fumes from the engine, loud and screaming children, and the potential for some serious motion sickness. But, I put on my smile and boarded...just for my Little Sunshine:) We made it to the farm with not a single barf bag being needed and were off to smell.....err I mean SEE the animals!! Sunshine enjoyed brushing a sweet little Shetland pony which was WAY beyond retirement age. Poor thing, it didn't even flinch as a mob of about 15 four and five years old hovered around it to brush it with a metal brush...seriously!

After all the lovely animal petting and such, we were off to have our picnic in the attic of a big barn. It was actually quite neat, it was huge up there and the kids all really seemed to be enjoying themselves. After lunch, the owners of the farm put on a puppet show and sang some songs with all the children. I do believe that this was Sunshine's favorite part. She just loves to sing and dance!! They did the Chicken Dance, the Hokey Pokey, and a couple others. It was really sweet...finishing off with a cute little redition of Edelweis, does it get any better than that people?!?!

We made it home by mid afternoon, and Sunshine was pooped out to say the least. She was so happy to be home and take a little rest on the couch, watching a cooking show!

It was a wonderful day spent with my sweet little girl. I love you so much Sunshine, and I can't believe that you're going to be in Kindergarten next year...where in the world did that time go?



No comments: