Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cake Decorating 101

I am not hiding the fact that I LOVE TO BAKE AND DECORATE CAKES!! Naturally, things that Mommies like to do become somewhat of a fascination for their children...at least that's how it goes at my house. Recently, we have been doing lots and lots of cake decorating. There have been birthdays, dinners, showers....I mean really, does there even have to be a reason to eat cake other than it's, oh...say Tuesday night?!?! Sorry, I'm getting distracting with the thought of cake..where was I again?? Oh yeah, the kids.....they love to help out around here when it's time to get our cake on! And, it just so happened that I baked and prepped a cake for Chanda's shower that I ended up not using. I even had left over fondant, colored and all. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to let the kids do whatever they wanted and get the chance to decorate their very own cake. I don't think I need to say that they were super duper excited about this. I had to laugh, because my children probably know more about decorating cakes than some may know in a life time. Skater Boy announced that we needed the paint brushes in order to "glue" the fondant together. Then Sunshine gently reminded everyone that they needed to knead their ball before they could roll it out on our powdered sugar surface. Seriously, I was quite impressed with their professionalism:) They rolled and cut and glued for quite a while...until Mommy decided that if the fondant got any thicker on the cake we would need a chainsaw just to cut through it!! It turned out great and they were very proud...so was I. Good job my little apprentices...now get the mops out and clean up your mess....just kidding...kind of:)



The finished cake: Fearless made the DC...Sunshine did the flower...and the green thing is Skater Boy's toilet...YES, I said toilet:)

Rollin' out the goods!

Why, oh why can't you smile you little stinker!

Sunshine adding her water glue...it's really just water:)

Little T...she didn't really decorate anything, just painted her cup apparently!!! Oh..I'm laughing as I type this, she is a nut:)

My Little Lou..watching and being so cute at the same time..I think she may be gifted:)

Another view...isn't it beautiful...tasty too:)



No comments: